Thursday, 5 May 2011

Is it too late to write about Kate's Cake???!!

Better late than never- how could I not stop by and do a note on THE Royal Wedding Cake???



Fiona Cairn from Leicestershire and her team made this cake - she supplies the likes of Selfridges and Harrods.

This 9 tiered baby took 5 weeks to create.

Do I like it ? Yes and No - I guess it has to be suitably embellished to compete against the surrounding elegant setting ... perhaps a little too much for my liking .... but perfect for a princess!

What I love about this cake is the detail and thought that went into it - Kate gave detailed instructions to include 17 different types of flowers for their meanings... 
the "language of love"...I detail some below

Sweet William: Grant me one smile
Honeysuckle: The bond of Love
Lily of the Valley: Sweetness, Humility
Apple Blossom: Preference, Good fortune
Daisy: Innocence, Beauty, Simplicity
White Heather: Protection, Wishes come true


and many many more..... I am SUCH a hopeless romantic.
How can you not become lost in that list?


The fourth tier featured intricate garlands, reflecting the architechtural details in the room.

The cake was traditional fruit - and the bride was suitably impressed. The detailing is mindblowingly exquisite.

What do we all think of the cake?

7 comments:

  1. It's never too late to talk about the Royal Wedding... How could you ever cut into it though I wouldn't want to ruin it! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a beautiful cake. You just wouldn't want to cut it though would you? xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. very elegant. i like it, some gold accents might have been pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful cake, the amount of detail that went into is is amazing. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved the cake, thought it as absolutely beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its so beautiful, did you see the cake made from Rich Tea biscuits? lol it actually looked amazing x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's such a classy and elegant cake, but my favorite part is the garlands in the last pic! :) x

    ReplyDelete